MDEOptimiser is a tool that allows users to specific MDE optimisation problems through a simple DSL.
Using MDEOptimiser is easy. Install the version of MDEOptimiser you would like to use from one of the Eclipse Update sites below.
It is recommended to start from an Eclipse For Java and DSL Developers distribution. Currently, MDEOptimiser has been tested with Eclipse Photon.
- Copy the desired MDEO version
Eclipseupdate site url from above.
- Open the
Eclipse > Help > Install New Softwarewindow.
- In the Install window add the installation url to the
- From the list of software available to install tick the
- Click Next and proceed to completing the installation steps.
First MDEO project
For a set of MDEO example projects please browse the Case Studies section of this website. The source code of the case studies can be browsed on http://github.com/mde-optimiser/case_studies and they can be imported as existing Eclipse projects.
To run the code for a case study:
- Create a new
MDEOptimiser Search Run Configurationin Eclipse,
- Choose the desired
\*.moptfile you would like to run,
- Make sure that the project classpath contains the example MDEO project and any of its required jar dependencies
- Run the search by pressing the
- Inspect the results in the
mdeo-resultsfolder created at the end of a successful search.
Users can find the artifacts of a tutorial Henshin: A Model Transformation Language and its Use for Search-Based Model Optimisation in MDEOptimiser at this url.
Problems and bugs
If you think you found a bug, please raise a ticket on github.com on the main tool repository here.
If you have any issues with running the tool or any other questions, please contact one of the authors: